Inspiring word!

"The light of God surrounds us. The love of God enfolds us. The power of God protects us. The Presence of God watches over us. Wherever we are God is." Author: James Dillet Freeman

Sunday, June 20, 2010

Happy Fathers Day

To All Fathers--Happy Fathers Day - Callielou - Beliefnet Community (Click on the link)


Happy Father's Day!
To all of the fathers, father-figures and surrogates as well, we celebrate this day that God has made and given us all the choice in which to relish. Let's do so with a loving heart that forgives mis-takes, re-takes and just plain "unknowingness"; with a heart that embraces and cherishes the the God-given role of strength, lovingkindness, and guidance including discipline and integrity.

I was thinking about my father who has made his transition. I began to grow more appreciative and glad as I allowed the divine spirituality of my father to seep into my awareness. We dance, we laugh, we converse richly now. This is something which may or may not have occurred when my daddy was still in his physical form but it happens every time he comes to my awareness now. Glory! I begin to thank Almighty God for the many things I continue to learn from him.

It dawned on me, this is what I truly want to remember and how I want to interact with everyone. Unless we are doing our spiritual Christ-transforming work, we often come into contact and interact with one another from an externally-driven mode of expression whereby we model less than genuine and lower than loving intentions toward one another. And even then it still may be hit-or-miss depending on our level of understanding and frame of mind in the given moment.


We are to worship Almighty God in spirit and in truth which comes through our discernment and we will experience godliness by allowing God-essence to shine through our delivery of beingness. So I say Namaskar: I behold the divine in you. I know it is there because it is the image of the Creative Source and Architect of all Humankind. Anything else that may show forth teaches us to continue to unite with our Spiritual essence to keep seeing more of God within.

Happy Father's Day everyday.
In the Living Spirit,

Ethel

No comments:

Post a Comment